When it comes to selecting sunglasses for your children take time to do a little research before you purchase. It may be tempting to purchase glasses based on their looks, but protecting your children’s eyes is serious business. Here are some smart tips for selecting children and infant sunglasses from the Skin Cancer Foundation:
- Find glasses that block 99-100 percent of both UVA and UVB rays. Wrap style glasses provide additional sun coverage.
- Use playground-proof lenses. Choose impact-resistant, scratch-proof lenses that don’t pop out of the frames. Frames that are bendable but not breakable are also desirable.
- Let them choose. Let the kids choose the glasses so they are more likely to wear them.
- Inspect the glasses. Make sure the glasses are not scratched warped or damaged in any way.
- Double Up. Wear both sunglasses and a protective wide brim hat for the best sun protection.
Adapted from skincancer.org
Real Kids Shades sunglasses for infants and children meet all the criteria detailed by the Skin Cancer Foundation. You can feel confident that you are choosing the safest sunglasses available for babies and children ages 0-12. Your kids will love them because our sunglasses are fun to wear and great looking!