Last updated on January 22nd, 2020 at 03:24 am
It’s true that accidents happen, but there are many instances in which accidents can be prevented. This is especially true when it comes to eye injuries. Of the thousands of eye injuries that occur each day in the home or workplace, and even at play, Prevent Blindness America says that 90 percent are preventable with the use of appropriate eye protection.
In order to protect the beautiful eyes of you and your family members, below is a list of ways you can prevent eye injuries.
- Pad or cushion the edges or sharp corners on your furniture and home fixtures to prevent eye injuries in children.
- Don’t allow your child to play with toys that have sharp or rigid points, spikes, or dangerous edges.
- Be aware of items in play areas that can be hazardous to the eye.
- Make sure your home has adequate lighting and handrails on staircases.
- Wear safety glasses or goggles to protect your eyes from flying particles when working outdoors. Use chemical goggles to protect your eyes from exposure to fertilizers and pesticides.
You can visit Prevent Blindness America for additional tips to help you keep the eyes of your loved ones out of harm’s way.
To help keep the eyes of your children beautiful, visit the Real Kids Shades website to see our line of protective sunglasses for children.