Last updated on February 25th, 2020 at 08:13 am
Here are some thoughtful ways to celebrate the special mothers in your life:
- Decide if mom might want a day off from the kids or more time with them. Let’s face it—mothers of little ones are probably happy for Mother’s Day to be a day of R & R away from the kids, while mothers of teens are sure to crave some time with their children who never seem to be around!
- Celebrate all special mothers in your life. You don’t have to confine a Mother’s Day celebration to your own family. Take the time to do something special for friends and neighbors to show how much you appreciate their efforts to be a great mom.
- Create something special for mom. Nothing beats a homemade gift, and particularly one that features photos of their little ones! Family Fun has great craft ideas on their website.
- Honor hard-working mothers by donating to mothers in need. Many organizations help mothers and their children. Donating to this type of charity will honor motherhood everywhere.
- Create a Mother’s Day Memory Jar. Decorate a large glass jar and have each child write down a special memory about mom to be saved inside. The memories can be added to year after year, and it will become a treasured family heirloom.
Does your family have any special ways they celebrate Mother’s Day? Leave a comment and let us know.