Last updated on February 19th, 2020 at 03:15 pm
The Melanoma Awareness Foundation in Queensland, Australia is “dedicated to the increased education and preservation of you and your family’s skin.” Sun exposure is a serious problem in sunny Australia, and this group is working hard to raise awareness of the dangers of sun exposure with education.
Here are six smart sun tips from the Melanoma Awareness Foundation:
- Always wear sun protection clothing, especially during the hours of 10am and 3pm
- Always wear sunscreen with the highest possible UV protection and apply regularly
- Always wear a broad rim hat that covers your face, ears and nose
- Always wear your sunglasses to protect your eyes from the damaging sun rays
- Always try to seek shade protection from the sun, especially during the hours of 10am & 2pm
- Always be conscious of you and your loved ones’ skin, and if you notice any, even the slightest, change, get it checked by your doctor. In this case, “If in doubt, DO!”
Real Kids Shades is also passionate about protecting your children from the sun’s damaging rays. All of our sunglasses are designed to provide maximum sun protection. The lenses provide 100% UVA/UVB protection, and our wrap styling protects eyes from peripheral light. We have just added wonderful sun hats to our collection as well. The hat’s wide brim shades the entire face and provides UPF 50 protection from the sun.