Parents are often concerned about their children’s health and are constantly taking precautions to makes sure they stay out of danger. It’s essential that you apply this same attention to the health of your kids’ eyes by protecting them from potentially damaging UVA and UVB rays.
With summer approaching, it’s important to take these extra precautions now. Prolonged exposure to UV rays can put your family at greater risk of sun damage. Some UV-related eye conditions that can develop from sun exposure include photokeratitis, macular degeneration, cataracts and more.
Because of these risks, you’ll appreciate knowing that all Real Kids’ sunglasses are third-party tested to ensure that they provide 100 percent UVA and UVB protection, as measured by several different governing bodies in the U.S., Europe and Australia. Our tested sunglasses meet a variety of regulations, and a few of them are listed below.
- Every model of our children’s sunglasses are subjected to the most stringent light transmittance tests, where they’ve proven to block 100 percent of rays down to 400 nanometers.
- All Real Kids’ sunglasses comply with regulations set out by the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) for protecting children’s eyes from UVA and UVB rays.
- Our shades are CE certified to all applicable European health, safety and environmental product standards.
- Real Kids’ shades are approved by the FDA for protecting children’s eyes from UVA and UVB rays.
- In addition to UV protection, our sunglasses have been found effective by board-certified opticians for fitting high-minus and high-plus powers of prescription lenses.
Protecting your kids’ eyes from the sun’s dangerous UV rays begins with quality sunglasses designed to fit kids comfortably so they’ll want to wear them. Visit the Real Kids’ website to find a pair of shades that will prepare your children for outdoor activities this summer. You’ll be sure to find something that meets your child’s needs in our stylish, colorful collection.