Many children’s eye injuries happen at home in highly-preventable accidents. In order to ensure that your home is a safe haven and not a danger zone for your children, there are several steps you’ll want to take in order to prevent any future eye injuries, according to Prevent Blindness America. Check out those steps listed below.
- If you have stairs inside your home, use safety gates at both the top and bottom of your stairs.
- Lock all cabinets that your children should not be opening.
- Any sharp corners inside your home should be cushioned or padded.
- Pointed and/or sharp objects should be kept out of reach of your children and out of your children’s hands.
- Hazardous chemicals (this includes cleaning solutions) should be kept out of your children’s reach.
- If you have any work areas inside your home, prevent your children from entering these areas by blocking your children’s access to them.
Image courtesy of Wikipedia