February is Low Vision Awareness Month, and Prevent Blindness America is encouraging eye health advocacy by encouraging people to join Eye Care Action Network. Eye CAN members use grassroots advocacy to help shape public policy and programs that support healthy vision for Americans.
Here are the first steps to joining Eye CAN from the Prevent Blindness website:
- Sign up for Prevent Blindness America’s Eye Care Action Network
- Research your elected officials (https://www.house.gov or https://www.senate.gov)
- Sign up for your elected officials’ newsletters so you can keep up-to-date on upcoming local activities.
- Research and learn about what your elected officials positions and interests.
- Seek a local meeting and/or contact the office to voice your opinion on a particular matter
Read more from about being active in Eye Can.
Real Kids Shades is proud of our strong association with Prevent Blindness America. As part of our ongoing effort to raise awareness for eye health, we created the “Be a Hero” campaign. We will contribute $1 for every donation to Prevent Blindness America that comes through our website, which should give everyone some extra incentive to support this worthwhile cause.