Last updated on March 2nd, 2020 at 05:18 pm
With the weather warming up, it is time to start thinking about heading off to the beach. Kids always have a good time at playing in the waves and making sandcastles, but you can make your trip even more enjoyable and memorable for the whole family with these fun beach activities.
1. Take Some Creative Beach Photos
Instead of taking regular beach pictures, get creative with these ideas from Craftionary:
- Remember exactly when the trip took place by having your kids display their ages, such as through an ocean-themed sign.
- Take advantage of shadows on the sand to take funny pictures as a group. You can even draw things in the sand to incorporate into your shadows for an artistic photo.
2. Make a Beach Tent
Provide kids with an area to rest and relax out of the sun by building your own tent when you arrive at the beach. All you need for this simple design by Craftionary is sticks for the frame, a towel for the roof, and leaves to form extra shade. Your kids will enjoy finding the items and constructing the tent just as much as they will enjoy using it to take a break, eat a snack and play a game. Remember to ensure your kids are using sunglasses and sunscreen even under the tent, as they will not be totally protected from UV rays.
3. Build Sand Sculptures
Go beyond regular sandcastles with these sand sculpture ideas from Activity Village:
- Older kids will love to try creating a complex shape such as mermaid or turtle.
- If you are going to the beach with several kids, you can build a sand city through a number of buildings connected together.
- Surprise other beach-goers with a sand figure that resembles a snowman.
4. Dunk ’n’ Dip
This game from Parents will get kids of any age moving. Give each child a plastic cup, which they must use to fill a bucket placed some distance from the ocean. The first to fill a bucket wins.
Whenever you are at the beach, ensure you kids have a pair of protective sunglasses from Real Kids to avoid exposure to damaging UVA and UVB rays.