Keep your baby protected from the sun’s harmful UV rays with these five simple steps.
1. Always have your baby wear a wide-brimmed hat. A hat with a wide brim will protect your child’s face, eyes and the back of the neck from sun exposure.
2. Don’t forget the sunscreen! Choose a sunscreen labeled “Broad Spectrum” protection since this type of sunscreen blocks both UVA & UVB rays. Sunblock from Badger naturally blocks UV rays with Zinc Oxide. If you have a baby under six months of age please speak with your doctor about sunscreen usage.
3. Yes – Even babies need sunglasses! My First Shades are designed to provide 100% UVA/UVB protection and they stay put! Sunglasses don’t do much good if they can’t keep up on the playground.
4. Have your baby wear protective beachwear. This cute suit from Boden is rated UPF 40.
5. Keep them in the shade! Make sure you select a stroller and car seat with a protective sun shade to keep your baby cool, comfortable and protected from the sun. This stroller from Protect a Bub is approved by the Melanoma International Foundation.
Please visit our Facebook page to share your tricks for protecting your children from harmful UV rays.