Last updated on January 8th, 2020 at 04:36 am
A family ski outing is a great way to spend quality family time. Skiing or snowboarding is a family activity that is truly enjoyable for all ages. Great exercise, beautiful scenery and a big mug of hot cocoa at the end of the day – what could be better?
If you take your children skiing this winter be sure you review the skiing responsibility code:
1. Always stay in control.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way.
3. Stop in a safe place for you and others.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield.
5. Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe signs and warnings, and keep off closed trails.
7. Know how to use the lifts safely.
Don’t forget to proper sun protection whenever you hit the slopes. High mountain elevations translate to intense sun rays so you need to slather on the sun block and the UVA/UVB eye protection. When weather conditions are particularly windy you should definitely wear protective ski goggles. If milder conditions exist a sturdy pair of sport sunglasses will do the trick.